Ok, I was wrong we are on party #4 and we still have ONE more to go! WOW.. it was a busy month what were all of us parents doing back in July of 2005? I know…. we were all still happy…. the economy was doing well, which meant we still took VACATIONS which also meant we were relaxed and most likely having one too many poolside cocktails… and then you know….one thing leads to another and… BOOM fast forward five years your opening a backpack only to find 5 invites to 5 parties all within weeks of each other in March, your month is officially overbooked.
Thank you Summer of 2005.
Now this party comes with a disclosure, it was actually a double party for the dynamic brother/sister duo of Ethan and Amanda. Birthdays close in date along with out of state relatives flying in for the party meant a one shot deal on a GRAND level. At last I heard over 150 invitations went out (all handmade …oh just wait it gets better!) The
small convention party was held at Wildfire Gymnastics in Tustin. The gym itself is over 18,00 square feet, large enough to accommodate even the GRAND DADDY of all parties. The event was so well coordinated I don’t think I have ever attended a party THAT large that flowed so well and went by so fast! I thought the staff at Wildfire was phenomenal, those coaches did everything from tumble with the kids to serve cupcakes – WITH A SMILE.. I was very impressed! Here are some of my favorite highlights.
- Each guest received a personalized drawstring backpack. Girls had a pair of pink pom poms and a pink cheer outfit to change into. Boys had a blue sack which a sports themed outfit and a baseball cap. (Doreen when did you have the time to do this?..I bow to you)
- Girls went to one side of the gym for a group cheer lesson taught by the gymnastic and cheer coaches at Wildfire.
- Boys went to the opposite side where a battle was staged – boys versus the coaches complete with foam bats and balls!
- Banquet tables overflowed with food including a hot stand where they served freshly grilled chicken and carne asada tacos.
- Desert tables lined with cupcake stands filled with the most adorably decorated cupcakes (hello kitty is my fav!)
- Easter Egg hunt sectioned by age we all left with a backpack filled with not only a change of clothes but candy filled eggs too!
Make sure you look at the photo of the girl version invitation. Ethan’s mom made them by layering individual die cuts and gluing them before printing them on the inside. I am staring at ours right now, she lives on my bulletin board permanently. I only aspire to be that crafty! Parents great job! Happy Birthday Ethan and Amanda!
(click on the thumbnails to enlarge)