I was going to name this permanent page the Bucket List but then I remembered something Jim Carrey replied when asked, have you done everything everything you set out to achieve?”, “I hope not” he said, explaining that he felt like its your time to leave this world when you have completed every task on your list. So maybe I’ll start the list with turning 100 or meeting Prince between those two I have a pretty good chance and not exiting this party too soon. What this really is, is a very long to do list really. If you know me then this post comes as no surprise. I love lists.
As I complete them I’ll make sure to share, someday just think every item will be linked. Decades from now you’ll be viewing the completed life list most likely on your electronic wallpaper that covers your home, trust me on this ‘I’ve see the future and it will be’ – Prince.
::: last updated 8/16/2013:::
1. Eat at a patisserie in Paris.
2. Own an Eames recliner.
3. Publish a book. Getting closer … This Is Happening Chronicle Books (Nov 13)
4. Travel to India.
5. Decorate my home.
6. Visit a working ranch.
7. See Times Square.
8. Break 100 in golf.
9. Make my own sushi.
10. See a Broadway play.
11. Have zero debt.
12. Buy a prime lens . (50, 85 or both) – Got the 50 shot Duran Duran with it in 2011.
13. Buy an iPad. (April 2012)
14. Do a 5 Day Cleanse.
15. Visit Mykonos and eat REAL feta cheese
16. Speak at a conference
17. Create my own font
18. Prince VIP front row.
19. See Orcas in the wild.
20. Take my son to a concert
21. Do a Flashmob.
22. Design my own Journal.
23. Visit the 9/11 Memorial
24. See an Oprah Show. (done will post soon)
25. Produce a Coffee Table book.
26. Teach my daughter how to sew.
27. Get an iPhone
28. Read all my books I started.
29. Organize all my digital files.
30. Complete my sons scrapbook.
31. Photograph the Golden Gate Bridge.
32. Visit the Galapagos islands
33. Write my own autobiography
34. Create a photo book for my sister
35. Learn how to make bread.
36. Own a pasta maker.
37. Pick raspberries in Las Cruces New Mexico.
38. Take my kids to a Red Sox game. (done – post coming)
39. Take a Penny De Los Santos Workshop
40. Take my daughter to Hawaii.
41. Go to a NFL game.
42. Buy a Louis Vuitton bag in Paris.
43. Collect all 100 Items from Nina Garcias’s book. (one down, 99 to go)
44. Publish an article in a magazine.
45. See the Brooklyn Bridge.
46. Take a Helen Dujardin Workshop
47. See the waters of Tahiti.
48. Sleep on a train.
49. Learn how to make Baklava.
50. Go on a writers retreat.
51. Do a photowalk in NYC.
52. Create a vision board
53. Have a custom designed photo website.
54. Grow my own garden (done – post coming soon)
54. Take a Jasmine Star Workshop
55. See a SNL taping.
56. Read the entire bible.
57. Win a photo contest.
58. See koalas in Australia
59. Start a group blog.
60. Send an inquiry to a magazine editor
61. Get my Prince 21 Nights OPUS Completed 2012
62. Eat at the Encounter at LAX
63. Visit China <– done
64. Take a Penny De Los Santos Workshop
65. Have professional review of my portfolio
66. Meet the Shutter Sisters
67. Create a Media Kit
68. Get a photo with Dave Grohl
69. Order letterpress business cards.
70. Renew my vows
71. Learn how to play the drums
72. Get my RIO album signed by all 5 members of Duran Duran
73. Add color streaks to my hair
74. Live clutter free
75. See my work in print hanging in a gallery
76. Find a mentor
77. Travel alone for 1 week.
78. Custom order a new car
79. See the northern lights
80. Visit Abu Dhabi
81. Drive 100+ on the autobahn
82. Swim with dolphins
83. Ride in a sea plane
84. Have tea at the Empress in Victoria, BC.
85. Attend an indy film festival ( I came “*this* close in Jan 2012 while at ALT)
86. Travel to Morocco
87. Be an extra in a movie
88. Sponsor a child
89. Take a cooking class in a culinary school
90. Attend fashion week
91. Get vanity plates
92. Meet Russel Brand
93. Eat Pizza in Milan
94. Create an e-Book
95. Visit Thailand
96. Make a Cookbook of my family recipes
97. Develop my own app
98. Start a non-profit
99. Dine at Anthony Bourdains’ Les Halles
100. Cut my hair short
Lets hope I never complete this or better yet keep adding to it.