Roid Week finished up a couple weeks ago (it ran from August 13-17) after a full week of shooting, scanning, uploading and then finally drooling over each others “successes.” If you are a Polaroid shooter yourself then you know how illusive a good shot can be especially using some of the newer film coming out of Impossible Project. I think I have finally found a couple cameras that will have a permanent home in my camera bag. It wasn’t easy finding them but I’ll come back to that. The ROID Week 12′ Flickr group had over 1100 members who contributed a combined 3680 photos to the pool. I managed to upload a few of my favorites although I missed a couple cut offs, you were only allowed to add two images a day and the cut off was EST so that threw me off a bit. We all know I don’t even begin to “work” until 9pm PST. I made sure though on vacation to shoot a couple with the project in mind. My favorite of the trip was the lifeguard tower T7. When I stepped out of the car and saw that bright yellow tower against that Hawaiian blue sky I got all tingly. No seriously I did.
Impossible Project, the makers of Impossible Film the instant film I use in my Polaroid cameras added to the fanfare by offering a discount coupon to purchase film for the week and also created a contest you could enter by submitting some images to the gallery. My images are #461-#463.
I found out a little late that the Roid group accept photos taken with Instax as well, and you know how smitten I am with that camera too. Oh well there’s always next year. In fact I just found that already have the group created click here ROID WEEK 2013 to join in. I noticed they are changing the name to Polaroid Week, I guess it was impossible to ignore the giggles. My mom could never keep a straight face when I told her I was shooting for Roid’ week. Here are latest set of the rules for joining from the Flickr Group Page.
- Only photos you HAVE NOT posted on Flickr before are welcome. Give us something new. We delete all photos posted before the start date, and we’ll remove you, too, if you don’t play by this rule.
- Give us your best possible work.
- You get only (2) TWO photos a day. See Rule #1. (PS: In Flickr-world, a day = 24 hours. The Flickr clock resets itself at 8 pm EST)
- It’s five days, Mon – Fri. We realize a week is actually seven days, so please don’t send emails correcting us. We chose Mon – Fri because it’s easier for us to manage as Administrators & Moderators.
- Though we call it “Polaroid Week” any instant film is fine.
- DIGITAL PHOTOS that have Polaroids in them will be deleted. If you don’t have a scanner, you can take a digital photo of your polaroid, but crop out everything but the instant photo, please.
- No Poladroids! This is a FILM ONLY group, good people.
- If you do not like these rules, or want them changed — then this isn’t the group for you. Please do not join and then complain about them.
- If you do not play by these rules, then you and your photos will be removed from the pool without any notification or explanation.
- NEW RULE. Make a crack about the name “Roid Week” and we’ll throw you out. Seriously. We are so tired of it. Look up the spelling of the word you think is so snicker-worthy/offending and then MOVE ON.
Here are my Polaroids from August – Remember to click on any of them to start the carousel slide show.