If you know me then you know how much Ree, aka Pioneer Woman has inspired me and this ol’ blog here, professing my love all over the place just a couple days after I launched the blog. If it wasn’t for Ree and her love for cooking, photography, Anthropologie and John Hughes movies, things may have been very different around here. I probably would have stayed at my desk job watching all the bloggers from the sidelines instead of trying to becoming one. There was just something about Ree that was real. I. Knowing her through the channels of this not so small world has made all the difference in this space. I pushed myself to take better photographs, cook often and share more. So naturally I feel a sense of pride when I sip my coffee out of one her mugs from The Pioneer Woman Cookware collection. I know this was a long journey for her and much like everything that has come before I’m guessing she has high levels of expectations for her new endeavor and selling out of items on the first day shouldn’t surprise anyone. Remember the Ree effect when she would link to a product on Amazon?
Lucky lucky me I received a nice beefy sized box, inside a crate carefully packed with items from her dinnerware collection. I soon went online and snapped up a few more pieces which arrived safely about a week later. It looks like our local Walmart has most of her collection too.
I also ordered a cutting board from The Pioneer Woman Cookware collection that’s on back order and I’m contemplating adding a few more enamel pieces to my collection, it only seems appropriate that I make her Spicy Dr. Pepper Pork in one of her red butterfly handled Dutch Ovens right?
Really reeeeeally need a tall pot for asparagus and extra long spaghetti so 9. is a have-to-have in my kitchen.
1. The Pioneer Woman Paige Linen Transparent Glaze Oval Platter 12.72
2. The Pioneer Woman Happiness 8.5″ Red Rim Decorated Scallop Shape Salad Plates 15.88
3. The Pioneer Woman Adeline 10 oz Glass Sundae Cups, Set of 4 15.68
4. The Pioneer Woman Flea Market 3-Piece Ceramic Mix Bowls 19.76
5. The Pioneer Woman Jadeite 10″ Cake Stand with Glass Cover 19.76
6. The Pioneer Woman Flea Market Turquoise/Yellow Footed Bowl 4.38
7. The Pioneer Woman Timeless Cast Iron 12″ Pre-Seasoned Skillet Black 19.76
8. The Pioneer Woman Flea Market 6″ Decorated Footed Bowls, Multi Burst Red 15.88
9. The Pioneer Woman Vintage Speckle 12-Quart Stock Pot Hollow Side Handles 34.83
When I saw the packaging on her salt and pepper shakers I smiled because she used one her own photos, a capture that reminds me of a time when all I wanted to do was sip coffee and scroll through her blog all day long. Over the last five years as we have watched her website morph from blog to brand, stewarding the idea that as women we can create a life that not only nourishes others but ourselves as well. She should be so proud of what she has accomplished. I know I am.
Thank you PDub.